USB over Ethernet
USB over Ethernet is a professional software solution allowing to redirect USB devices over network, as well as over Internet, Wi-Fi or VPN. You can connect to a shared USB device and use it just like it is plugged in your machine. The program includes both server and client functionality, but a separate free client is available as well.
It gives you the ability to:
- Share USB devices over Network
- Connect shared USB devices with a free USB over Ethernet Client
- Work with remote USB devices as if they are attached directly to your computer
Trial version limitations
- 15 days trial period
- Nag screen at startup
- Maximum one USB device can be connected
USB over Ethernet software is useful for everyone who needs to work with USB device that is physically plugged into remote computer. And computer is located in another building or even another city.
USB over Ethernet is easy to install and use. The program does not require any special knowledge and installs easily right out of the box.
Step-by-step instructions of using USB over Ethernet:
- Download and install USB over Ethernet on the computer where USB device is physically plugged in
- Start the program
- Share USB device:
- Select needed USB device in the list of main window
- Click Share button. Device becomes available for connection by remote clients:
click to enlarge
- Download and install USB over Ethernet Client on a computer where you'd like to use your USB device remotely
- Connect shared USB device:
- Add remote server with shared USB device to the list
- You will see the list of USB devices available for connection
- Select necessary USB device from the list and click Connect button or select menu Remote->Connect Device:
click to enlarge
It is that easy!
Administrator privileges required to install or uninstall USB over Ethernet.
USB over Ethernet works on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Windows 8
- Windows 2012 Server
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 Server
- Windows 10
- Windows 2016 Server