USB over Ethernet
USB over Ethernet is a professional software solution allowing to work with USB devices remotely over IP. You can connect to a shared USB device and use it just like it is plugged in your machine. The program includes both server and client functionality, but a separate free client is available as well.
It gives you the ability to:
- Share USB devices over Network.
- Connect shared USB devices with a free USB over Ethernet Client.
- Work with remote USB devices as if they are attached directly to your computer.
Trial version limitations
- 15 days trial period
- Nag screen at startup
- Maximum one USB device can be connected
USB over Ethernet software is useful for everyone who needs to work with USB device that is physically plugged into remote computer. And computer is located in another building or even another city.
USB over Ethernet is easy to install and use. The program does not require any special knowledge and installs easily right out of the box.
Step-by-step instructions of using USB over Ethernet:
- Install USB over Ethernet on the computer where USB device is physically plugged in.
- Start the program.
- Share USB device:
- select needed USB device in the list of main window;
- select 'share device'. It becomes available for connection:
- Connect shared USB device:
- add remote PC with shared USB device to the list;
- you will see the list of USB devices available for connection;
- Select necessary USB devices from above list and click Connect button or select menu Remote->Connect Device:
All is very simple!
- USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 supported
- Compatible with Hyper-V and VMware
- Device sharing, unsharing, connection and disconnection on-the-fly
- Device Policy support
- Command line interface
- 64-bit compatible
- Forced device connection from server side
- USB server and client parts can be installed on the same computer
- Supports high-speed isochronous USB devices
- Auto-connection and auto-sharing of USB devices
- Broken network connection auto-reconnection
- No USB device driver is required on server side
- Deny sharing or connection of specific USB devices
- Tray icon and menu for quick device sharing/unsharing and connection/disconnection
- FREE USB over Ethernet Client for connecting shared USB devices
Administrator privileges required to install or uninstall USB over Ethernet.
USB over Ethernet works on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Windows 8
- Windows 2012 Server
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 Server
- Windows 10
- Windows 2016 Server